Tuesday 29 November 2016

And All of Your Ex-Boyfriends

In all our years we have never been young, no, not at all. Wild without a single doubt and arrogant to the extreme of course - always belonging to that freshman generation of degenerate beauty queen bees. The world constantly swarming around us, barely putting up a fight. Moths helplessly drawn to the flames burning at the depths of our hearts.

I still recall the words you spoke then; a lifetime ago. Let us all pretend we don't exist. Never did I dare to ask you to explain what was most likely nothing more than an adolescent nuisance. You broke my heart back then - those words tore right through like bullets shot at blank range. I still find myself crawling back to them, every and each of those sleepless, dark nights lit up only by colorful strobe lights.

We were never young; we never felt like it. We broke too many times, too soon and there is so much blood in our hands. We care not. We can always pretend we don't exist - that we never did to begin with and therefore allow ourselves to be consumed in a timeless domain.

Our wilderness in the end will always be our creed - that lethal vice of lust that we breed in our souls and that burning desire to set the world on a menacing fire and then devour it wholly.

In your eyes I saw that spark lighting them up so brightly. Sadly - foolishly too perhaps - you though it would be enough.

Hmph.

Deary, why would I settle for a spark when I can get a fucking wildfire instead..?

xoxo,
FluffyUnicorn

No comments:

Post a Comment